|Could we be better next year?|
TWEET OF THE WEEK:
@Dcroaker5Tonight at 8 I will be tuned In #ESPNU #RacerNation next year that will be me pic.twitter.com/LbSyFxSs
- I don't know about the rest of you guys but having to wait a whole week until we play again is killing me. Coming off the dramatic loss to Jacksonville State, it would be nice to put Austin Peay away early on Saturday. The Govenors have caught a tough break this year in having to play a Murray State team coming off of a loss twice. If the Racers are ever going to get back to playing two good halves like the team we saw in Charleston this week would be a good time to start getting back into that trend.
- When Jeff Neubaur said he thinks EKU is the only team capable of beating Belmont, he clearly was not trying to make any friends but he may be right. We won't know for sure until next Thursday just how well Murray State stacks up against the best team in the Conference. With it being a White Out and probably a full CFSB Center, Murray State might be able to pull out the win and shock the Conference and Jeff Neubaur.
- The newest projections for the ESPN Bracketbuster game has Murray State paired with Iona. I know most fans were hoping for Creighton but playing a team called the "Gaels" in the Bracketbuster did us well last season. Iona is 14-7 and is a Top 100 RPI team which would help build our resume for a better seed if we were to make the NCAA Tournament. I know this disappointing to some fans but honestly this is a decent and recognizable opponent to bring into the CFSB.
- Statsheet.com Seeding projections for all post season tournaments dropped Murray State from a 1 Seed in the CBI to a 3 Seed. Iona being a 3 Seed as well. See, playing Iona in the BB will be a post season caliber game. Am I right?
- Jucorecruiting.com is suggesting that Murray State has shown interest in the countries leading JUCO scorer, Bobby Hunter. Hunter is averaging almost 25 points per game and he just recently picked up a offer from Iona. See, playing Iona and beating them could help in recruiting against them in the future.
- Cameron Payne had a double-double on Monday scoring 10 points and dishing out 14 assists. Yes, fourteen.
- This post on a UAB blog has me a little puzzled. Going to go ahead and say the source is not credible and move on.
OTHER MURRAY STATE NEWS
- The Women's basketball team extended their winning streak to 4 after a win over Tennessee Tech. Their next game is Saturday against Austin Peay following the Men's game. With that win the Racers are only one game back of EIU for the West Division crown.