On Wednesdays every week I would like to share my Top Five sports stories of the week, they may not be your top stories but they’re mine.
5. L.A. is King of the hockey world and I am sure it means so much for the people of Los Angeles because when you think Ice Hockey, you think Southern California.
4. The Cubs only lost 4 times this week, leaving many puzzled as to how Dale Sveum was able to turn this thing around so quickly.
3. Lebron failed to win a ring in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals after the Heat defeated the Celtics. It marks the 110th play-off game Lebron has gone without winning a ring. When asked if he was discouraged by that fact he said, "I don't think you understand how the play-offs work." Regardless, things aren't looking good for the King as his team now trails OKC in the NBA finals.
2. The Euro Cup 2012 got underway and went through the first round of group play with an astounding 5 games finishing with a team winning and another team losing.
1. And we end with a sport where there is always a winner and many losers. For the 144th time a horse won the Belmont Stakes, unfortunately I did not care to watch it since the tragic news of triple crown candidate, I’ll Have Another’s injury. It’s the biggest injury to a Colt since Peyton Manning and the high TV ratings for the race only means people were uninformed about the fallen horse.